Sunday Bible Sermon
The Sunday Bible Lesson Sermon is designed to bring you inspiring ideas and healing truths which bring peace, joy, strength, and comfort.
The founder of our church, Mary Baker Eddy, appointed the Bible and her textbook, Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures, as the Pastor of our church. So the centerpiece of the Sunday service is the Bible Lesson Sermon read from these two books.
The service is conducted by two readers who are selected from our membership and are members of The Mother Church, The First Church of Christ, Scientist in Boston, Massachusetts.
Order of Service
The Sunday morning service includes:
- Musical prelude
- Brief Scriptural reading
- Silent Prayer
- The Lord’s Prayer with its spiritual interpretation
- Solo musical offering
- Lesson Sermon
- Collection *
- The Scientific Statement of Being (from Science and Health)
- Correlative Citation from I John 3:1-3
- Musical postlude
* Collection – Contributions may be sent to:
First Church of Christ, Scientist, 18343 Lemon Dr., Yorba Linda, CA 92886
Over the years, people have found healing of physical and mental ills, relationship issues, unemployment, financial concerns, and school problems through regular study of each week’s Bible Lesson. As you study the passages from the Bible, together with insights from the Christian Science textbook, Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures by Mary Baker Eddy, you will find answers to your needs.
There are 26 Bible Lesson subjects. A new lesson is developed and published for each subject twice a year and shared worldwide as the focus of that week’s Sunday sermon. These Lessons are available for individual study throughout the week prior to being read as the sermon on Sundays in Churches of Christ, Scientist, worldwide. Each Lesson includes selections from the Bible with correlated references from Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures.
Following each lesson’s Golden Text and Responsive Reading, the sections develop different aspect of the subject. Bible verses are read first in each section, followed by passages from Science and Health, which reveal the spiritual meaning of the Scriptures.
The 26 Lessons are:
The Christian Science Bible Lessons are available in the following formats:
- Citation edition (listing of references for reading directly from the books)
- Study edition (complete Lesson with all citations printed, ready to read)
- Spanish study edition (the complete Lesson in Spanish and English)
- Study edition (large print)
- Youth Internet edition at www.mybibleLesson.com, which includes helpful Bible notes, word definition, and study questions (developed for youth, but informative for students of all ages.)
- Audio/print edition at www.eBibleLesson.com
- CD (compact disc) edition
Please visit our Reading Room for additional information regarding the Bible Lesson Sermon, or visit the website www.ChristianScience.com.